Emergency NHS dentist appointment costs are the same as a routine dentist appoint. If you require urgent dental care, the cost will start from the Band 1 charge of £23.80.
Most urgent dental treatments can be done in 1 appointment and will be included in Band 1 NHS dentist costs. For example, you may require pain relief or a temporary filling.
Once your urgent dental course of treatment is complete, you may be advised to make another dentist appointment for a separate course of non-urgent treatment. This follow-up dental treatment will be charged the usual NHS dentist prices for each band.
Emergency Dental Treatment: NHS Dentist Band 4
The cost of emergency dental care is NHS dentist Band 4 course of treatment is £23.80. The dental treatments included in NHS Band 4 for emergency dentist treatments include:
- examination, assessment and advice
- dressing of teeth and palliative treatment
- pulpectomy or vital pulpotomy
- fixing a tooth that has been knocked out and
- any necessary treatment
repairing and refixing inlays and crowns
- refixing a bridge and adding temporary bridges
- removing no more than 2 teeth
- aftercare, including treatment for infections
- adjustment and alteration of dentures or orthodontic appliances
- urgent treatment for acute conditions such as ulcers and herpetic lesions
- treatment of sensitive cementum or dentine
- draining an abscess
- other treatment needed after trauma
- 1 permanent filling